commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Cogen <co...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Commons Collections and Generics
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:14:19 GMT
Please correct me if I am mistaken about this:

There appears to be no generics-aware version of Commons Collections
within Apache Commons. For example, there is no interface Predicate<T>
in version 3,2,1; only a Predicate.

But I have for several years been using a generics-aware rewrite of
Commons Collections; see
https://github.com/megamattron/collections-generic. I have been very
satisfied with it, and use it exclusively in preference to the Apache
Commons version, but I expected that this would be adopted by Apache
Commons by now. But apparently it is not?

Am I correct about this? If so, can anyone explain why it has not, or if
there are plans to do so, or shed any other insight about this?

Thanks so much.
David Cogen