commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: New projects in the Apache Commons
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 08:04:08 GMT
Hi Tom,

Le 01/04/2012 02:53, Tom Everett a écrit :
> Good afternoon everyone.
>
> Could someone point me to the process or documentation for proposing and
> contributing a new project to the Apache Commons?

Well, I think simply discussing the project on the dev list is almost
enough. Projects usually start in our sandbox, then get promoted to
proper once they have reached some maturity and have some community around.

Starting something in the sandbow is open to Apache Commons committers,
and needs some discussion on the list for non-committers. In the later
case, we can grant sandbox-only write access to new contributors by
voting them in. When the project is promoted to proper, chances are that
the sandbox-only committers will be promoted to commons committers too ;-)

Luc