commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] maven: Problem with "clirr"
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:06:33 GMT
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:53:46AM +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 24 April 2012 22:19, Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Clirr now fails the build on error:
> > ---CUT---
> > [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ
referring back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SymmLQ$SymmLQEvent
> > [ERROR] Unable to find information in class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer
referring back to nested class org.apache.commons.math3.optimization.direct.PowellOptimizer$SimpleValueChecker
> > ---CUT---
> >
> > Since I don't know what causes those errors, I'd like to be able to skip
> > the "clirr" check altogether.
>
> Clirr does not like the output from the Eclipse compiler.
> Make sure you run mvn clean first - and ensure that Eclipse is not set
> to build the project.
>
> > I tried to mimic settings suggested in an earlier messafe about skipping
> > lengthy report, i.e.
> >   <clirr.skip>true</clirr.skip>
>
> AFAIK, that's not the same as setting a command-line property.

This syntax worked for other reports (you suggested it).

> > It didn't work.
> >
> > I tried this:
> >  <clirr.fail.on.error>false</clirr.fail.on.error>
> > as documented here:
> >  http://clirr.sourceforge.net/clirr-maven/properties.html
>
> That is for an obsolete version of the Clirr plugin
>
> The current version is documented at:
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/clirr-maven-plugin/

The usage page there is rather terse, there is no information about
which properties could alter the behaviour of the plugin (like disabling it,
making just a warning, not a error that fails the build).

> > It didn't work.
> >

> mvn .... -Dclirr.skip
>
> works for me.

Doesn't work here! Using:

$ mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.0.4
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.7.0_03-icedtea, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.32-5-vserver-amd64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Gilles