commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [classscan],[meiyo],[sandbox] Sharing a concrete proposal for class path scanning / class metadata
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:46:36 GMT
Hi!

Yes, I wrote all that stuff myself, and on github is only a CLONE and no one else committed
or contributed to it so far :)

So I'm perfectly free to push this as my very own contribution to any ASF repo at whatever
time _without_ a need to do incubation or whatever.

But in any case, we will need to review/rework that stuff anyway as there is a new requirement
which I became aware recently: We need to provide class scanning on a per-ClassLoader level.
Many frameworks (EJB, CDI, ...) need to take care about Class visibility and might even have
to deal with 'shared-contexts'. Thus the commons-classscan as well as xbean-finder must
be aware of the ClassLoader hierarchy. Especially in multi-webapp environments this might
(as side effect) also bring a pretty neat performance improvement as we don't need to scan
those shared class paths redundantly!

But I need to think about that stuff a bit longer and hack some prototypes in OWB for example.

LieGrue,
strub

>________________________________

Simone Tripodi

>>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
>>> http://www.99soft.org/

providing a commons component which can scan a classpath and provide metadata about the classes.
  I have a clean (license-wsie) concrete interface and implementation to share.  This code
will support the following use cases:

EJB container.  The ioc container will auto-stitch the @Stateless unit under test with default
@EJB implementations available from the classpath.  The container allows replacement of default
implementations with specific mocks.  Framework needs to find @EJB interfaces and implementations
available from jars in classpath.

 Auto-stitch the subscribers that want specific events to the publication of events.  Framework
needs to find implementations available to ear.

the same jar that contains a META-INF/persistence.xml file.

http://github.com/chonton/meiyo-sandbox