commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Lucas <gwlu...@sonalysts.com>
Subject RE: [sanselan] EXIF_TAG_MODIFY_DATE removed from new imaging package?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:31:36 GMT
Excellent again!   Much better.

I'm not sure how that last email got cut short, but you've answered my question.  So thanks.

g.

-----Original Message-----
From: Damjan Jovanovic [mailto:damjan.jov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:26 AM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [sanselan] EXIF_TAG_MODIFY_DATE removed from new imaging package?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Gary Lucas <gwlucas@sonalysts.com> wrote:

> Since we're on the subject, another question.  In encoding data, I was
> constructing field types and coding the information.  But it looks
> like you've got some static declarations for doing the same thing.
> Could you verify that the following is your intended approach
>
>    public TiffOutputField encodeASCII(TagInfo tInfo, String string)
>            throws ImageWriteException,  ImageWriteException
>    {
>        //      previous approach:
>        //        FieldType fType = new FieldTypeAscii(2, "ASCII");
>        //        byte bytes[] = fType.writeData(string, byteOrder);
>
>        byte bytes[] = FieldType.FIELD_TYPE_ASCII.writeData(string,
> byteOrder);
>
>        TiffOutputField tiffOutputField =
>                new TiffOutputField(
>                tInfo.tag,
>                tInfo,
>                FieldType.FIELD_TYPE_ASCII,
>                bytes.length,
>                bytes);
>        return tiffOutputField;
>    }

Do your emails keep getting cut short?

The easiest way, for a known tag type, is:

tiffOutputDirectory.add(TiffTagConstants.TIFF_TAG_DATE_TIME,
"2012-04-25 01:23:45");

which supports IDE code completion, and automatically overloads to the correct method based
on the tag type.

For an unknown tag type, I think you have to use the old way where you construct a TiffOutputField
yourself.

Damjan