commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] configuring project info reports
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 01:16:38 GMT
There is at least one project info report that is not required, which
is the license report.
This is because projects are required to link to the ASF licenses page instead.

The project info report plugin is supposed to be able to override an
inherited configuration [1], however this does not work.

It's possible to override the built-in set of reports, but once a
report has been enabled in this way it cannot be disabled by a child
pom.
[This is why we cannot currently use Apache Pom 10; it lists all the
reports including the license.]

I think the only report we definitely don't want is the license
report, although some of the others are not particularly useful in my
opinion.

So I propose to enable all the reports [2] apart from the license
report, unless people feel that some other reports should be omitted
by default.
A component can still enable any omitted report by including it in the
component pom.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html#Using_the_inherited_Tag_In_Reporting_Plugins
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/plugin-info.html