commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Damjan Jovanovic <damjan....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven bugs when building Sanselan
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 05:28:43 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2012-02-29 19:00, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> As we near the 1.0 release of Sanselan / Apache Commons Imaging, I am
>> having showstopper problems with Maven.
>>
>> The first problem, now fixed, was that "mvn assembly:assembly" failed
>> due to the Maven Assembly plugin failing to add a non-ASCII filename
>> to a tar file (https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-515),
>> because Plexus Archiver had a bug that wrongly assumed number of chars
>> = number of bytes, an assumption that quickly fails on UTF-8 locales
>> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXCOMP-195). I sent a patch to
>> Plexus Archiver, they quickly included that patch in the next release,
>> and Maven Assembly then made a 2.3 release which unknowingly pulled in
>> that new release of Plexus Archiver. So by increasing the needed
>> version of Maven Assembly to 2.3, I got that working now :). I see
>> someone recently patched the Commons parent POM with the same version
>> change - even better.
>>
>> The second is that "mvn site" fails because Clirr can't compare some
>> inner classes properly, and the Maven Clirr plugin doesn't properly
>> count and delete classes that can't be compared, leading to
>> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCLIRR-36 and probably
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCLIRR-25 and
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCLIRR-37). I made and attached a
>> working patch to that bug, but there's been no response yet and the
>> project seems dead :(.
>
> I am unable to reproduce this error using current trunk of Sanselan. Are
> you using some local modifications to your pom.xml that specifies which
> artifact Clirr should compare against?
>
> All I get is this:
>
> [INFO] Unable to find a previous version of the project in the repository
> [INFO] Not generating Clirr report as there is no previous version of
> the library to compare against
>

Clirr doesn't find the 0.97 release because the groupId and artifactId
for it were different.
It breaks for me because I somehow have Sanselan 0.98 (a version that
was never released) in my ~/.m2 directory.
But there is still a Clirr bug here which will affect future releases
even if it doesn't affect this one.

I will attach the minimum set of Sanselan 0.98 files needed to
reproduce this bug to the bug report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message