commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] Tensor algebra implementation
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 06:19:27 GMT

> Thanks for your suggestion ! I Downloaded the sources and i will check them soon. If
I am correct , Maxima is implemented in Lisp (or CLisp) but I guess it could be feasible ,
once they had been analyzed and studied , to translate those algorithms into Java.

That's great Leandro. I was merely referring to the API, not really
the implementation of the different algorithms. However, if you feel
like diving into Lisp source code, good luck! ;)
Also, I seem to remember that you were willing to propose new features
regarding wavelets. I myself do not use these beasts, but I would tend
to think that such a feature would probably find a wider audience
among the CM users than tensor algebra. Maybe you could then
prioritize, as developing a whole new set of features will eat up a
lot of your time?

What do others think about wavelets vs. tensor algebra?

Best regards,
S├ębastien