commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:57:08 GMT
Hi,

>> How about adding a test coverage report (Cobertura) like a lot of other
>> components do?
>
> There was one a long time ago. It was suppressed when we had concerns
> about some GPL scripts used in the generated HTML reports. The concerns
> have been solved later on but we failed to bring the reports back.
>
> It would be nice. Would this only mean adding a plugin in the pom ?

There is indeed a plugin which is developed independently from the
main Cobertura project [1]. However, my experience is that Cobertura
considerably slows down the unit tests, which might be a problem for
us, as some of our tests can be quite involved numerically. While I
would love to see a Cobertura report on CM3, I would also like to have
a kind of -DskipCobertura flag. Does anyone know about this feature?
Best regards,
S├ębastien

[1] mojo.codehaus.org/cobertura-maven-plugin/index.html