commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] Test problems after last commit
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:34:33 GMT
> I think that we can create a class Graphs that has  static methods to wrap [graph] in
a thread-safe way.
> So the user can choose the preferred implementation.

Sorry but at first reading it was not clear to me what you meant,
reading the second time I thought you maybe intended the
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#synchronizedCollection(java.util.Collection)>
related for [graph]?

if yes, why should it be put in a separated class? the existing entry
point sounds be more than enough for hosting that methods.

Anyway, since I broke it I am going to fix it, I just need few minutes.

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hola Marco,
>
>> Yep I think that [graph] has to be not thread safe, because if a user uses [graph]
in a not multi-thread environment the synchronization is not needed and the performance degrade.