commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] Test problems after last commit
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:19:56 GMT
Hola Marco,

> Yep I think that [graph] has to be not thread safe, because if a user uses [graph] in
a not multi-thread environment the synchronization is not needed and the performance degrade.

given the fact that myself at first place wouldn't ever use these data
structure in a production environment, how many chances we do have, in
the era of web applications, that users work in a single threaded
environment?

> I think that we can create a class Graphs that has  static methods to wrap [graph] in
a thread-safe way.
> So the user can choose the preferred implementation.

uhm, not sure this is the best pattern to apply :)

> I'm working on a patch. If you agree I can create a patch to explain my idea.

better rolling back the commit and mark classes not thread safe - I'll
create separated Concurrent* implementations.

Thanks for reviewing!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi