commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] Test problems after last commit
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:36:11 GMT
I would have preferred a Concurrent* version for our data structures,
but I can happily live with the synchronized version even if not the
top.

an initial quick implementation is done and already on SVN - I took
few minutes to make it - so please check it out and and feel free to
add improvements, I am still working on it.

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Marco Speranza
<marcosperanza@apache.org> wrote:
>> Sorry but at first reading it was not clear to me what you meant,
>> reading the second time I thought you maybe intended the
>> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#synchronizedCollection(java.util.Collection)>
>> related for [graph]?
>
> Yes Simo... I meant just what. I think that this patter is the best choice.
>
>> if yes, why should it be put in a separated class? the existing entry
>> point sounds be more than enough for hosting that methods.
>
> you are right so if you agreed I can work on that.
>
> Ciao
>

> --
> Marco Speranza <marcosperanza@apache.org>
> Google Code: http://code.google.com/u/marco.speranza79/
>
> Il giorno 02/mar/2012, alle ore 21:34, Simone Tripodi ha scritto:
>
>>> I think that we can create a class Graphs that has  static methods to wrap [graph]
in a thread-safe way.
>>> So the user can choose the preferred implementation.
>>
>> Sorry but at first reading it was not clear to me what you meant,
>> reading the second time I thought you maybe intended the
>> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#synchronizedCollection(java.util.Collection)>
>> related for [graph]?
>>
>> if yes, why should it be put in a separated class? the existing entry
>> point sounds be more than enough for hosting that methods.
>>
>> Anyway, since I broke it I am going to fix it, I just need few minutes.
>>
>> best,
>> -Simo

>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hola Marco,

[graph] in a not multi-thread environment the synchronization is not needed and the performance
degrade.