commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] Test problems after last commit
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:10:03 GMT
OK now sounds better, thanks - how would you intend to fix it?
TIA,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Marco Speranza <marcosperanza@apache.org> wrote:

>>> furthermore there is another problem: with handler is not possible to use correctly
synchronization block like this

>>> ====
>>> Graph g = CommonsGraph.synchronize(g_);
>>>  synchronized(g) {
>>>       for ( BaseLabeledVertex v2 : g.getVertices() )
>>>       {
>>>           // do somethings
>>>       }
>>>  }
>>> ====
>>
>> sorry I don't understand what you meant/intend to do
>
> I'm trying to explain better. the method getVertices return an Iterator. In a multi-thread
environment you have to ensure that during the 'for' execution the [graph] data structure
remains  consistent.
> Also for java collection is the same [http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#synchronizedCollection(java.util.Collection)]
>
> So if we use a proxy/handler there is no way to "export" the mutex/lock variable used
into handler class.

> In  our CommonsGraph the variable this.lock is private and is non possible to export
out of the method, so the user can not utilize the lock to synchronize his block.