commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Graph] Test problems after last commit
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:22:02 GMT
Hi again Marco,

If I understood correctly what your idea is, I just added the methods
you proposed - feel free to improve the implementation! Testcase are
still a TODO but honestly I don't know how to verify that the
thread-safe contract is respected... I had the same issue in [pool]

I continued tracking activities on SANDBOX-400.

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think that we can create a class Graphs that has  static methods to wrap [graph]
in a thread-safe way.
>> So the user can choose the preferred implementation.
>
> Sorry but at first reading it was not clear to me what you meant,
> reading the second time I thought you maybe intended the
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Collections.html#synchronizedCollection(java.util.Collection)>
> related for [graph]?
>
> if yes, why should it be put in a separated class? the existing entry
> point sounds be more than enough for hosting that methods.
>
> Anyway, since I broke it I am going to fix it, I just need few minutes.
>
> best,
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hola Marco,
>>
>>> Yep I think that [graph] has to be not thread safe, because if a user uses [graph]
in a not multi-thread environment the synchronization is not needed and the performance degrade.