commons-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Squarcella <squar...@dia.uniroma3.it>
Subject Re: [graph][discuss] reintegrating branch in trunk
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:59:10 GMT
Hi Simone,

> While rearranging stuff to prepare the merge, I noticed that the
> NamedExportSelector disappeared in favor of specifying the graph name
> inside the usingXXXFormat() method.
>
> I honestly think that in that way it lost part of the expressiveness -
> even if it is less verbose.
>
> I am in favor of having it reintegrated before merging back, with his
> pros and cons - WDYT?

so if I get it right, now we have:

export( actual ).usingDotNotation( "my graph" )
                         .withVertexLabels( new VertexLabelMapper() )
                         .withEdgeWeights( new EdgeWeightMapper() )
                         .withEdgeLabels( new EdgeLabelMapper() )
                         .to( System.out );

which becomes something like:

export( actual ).usingDotNotation().withName( "my graph" )
                         .withVertexLabels( new VertexLabelMapper() )
                         .withEdgeWeights( new EdgeWeightMapper() )
                         .withEdgeLabels( new EdgeLabelMapper() )
                         .to( System.out );

and in both cases the name is not required.

If the above is correct I am quite neutral about the matter... how do
you call it, a +0? :)

PS.
spoiler: I am thinking about importers now -- it is not trivial to get
them right with this new model implementation. I'll start a discussion
about that when we are done with the merge!

Ciao,
Claudio

>>> http://twitter.com/hyperboreans