commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Math] Release mini-howto
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:15:53 GMT
Hi Christian,

Le 19/03/2012 01:01, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Gilles Sadowski
> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>>> Not to forget the grandfather of release guides:
>>> http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html
>>
>> I've just had a brief look at that one; I did not know it existed...
>
> not very well linked imho... if it is linked
>
>> Is it maintained and up-to-date?
>
> Same situation like UsingNexus: the guys who use it, should update it.
> Sometimes it happens. :-)

So perhaps rather than creating a third document, these recent notes
should replace the existing pages and get linked to everything else.
Otherwise we would end up with 3 documents and another release manager
candidate would stumble upon an old one, then create a fourth document,
then be pointed to this one and say he didn't know it existed, then put
this fourth document on-line, then ...

Luc