commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Release 1.7
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:28:20 GMT
On 03/16/2012 08:53 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> FYI: I am thinking about a 1.7 release soon to pick up 3 fixes and one new
> feature:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310464&version=12320173
>
> Releasing early, releasing often!
>
> Thoughts?

I think there are 2 other issues (CODEC-130, CODEC-96) that could be
easily fixed and should be included, but apart from that, I would be in
favor of releasing it asap ;-).

One additional thing: the fix for the QuotedPrintableCodec changed
(slightly) the behavior of the encoding/decoding. As I have seen in some
other classes, similar changes have been documented in the javadoc of
the affected methods as well (e.g. Base64#encodeBase64String).

Do you think we should do it also in this case?

Thomas