commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject Re: Maven bugs when building Sanselan
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:42:41 GMT
On 2012-03-02 17:54, sebb wrote:
> On 2 March 2012 05:28, Damjan Jovanovic <> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dennis Lundberg <> wrote:
>>> On 2012-02-29 19:00, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>>>> Hi
>>>> As we near the 1.0 release of Sanselan / Apache Commons Imaging, I am
>>>> having showstopper problems with Maven.
>>>> The first problem, now fixed, was that "mvn assembly:assembly" failed
>>>> due to the Maven Assembly plugin failing to add a non-ASCII filename
>>>> to a tar file (,
>>>> because Plexus Archiver had a bug that wrongly assumed number of chars
>>>> = number of bytes, an assumption that quickly fails on UTF-8 locales
>>>> ( I sent a patch to
>>>> Plexus Archiver, they quickly included that patch in the next release,
>>>> and Maven Assembly then made a 2.3 release which unknowingly pulled in
>>>> that new release of Plexus Archiver. So by increasing the needed
>>>> version of Maven Assembly to 2.3, I got that working now :). I see
>>>> someone recently patched the Commons parent POM with the same version
>>>> change - even better.
>>>> The second is that "mvn site" fails because Clirr can't compare some
>>>> inner classes properly, and the Maven Clirr plugin doesn't properly
>>>> count and delete classes that can't be compared, leading to
>>>> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>>>> ( and probably
>>>> and
>>>> I made and attached a
>>>> working patch to that bug, but there's been no response yet and the
>>>> project seems dead :(.
>>> I am unable to reproduce this error using current trunk of Sanselan. Are
>>> you using some local modifications to your pom.xml that specifies which
>>> artifact Clirr should compare against?
>>> All I get is this:
>>> [INFO] Unable to find a previous version of the project in the repository
>>> [INFO] Not generating Clirr report as there is no previous version of
>>> the library to compare against
>> Clirr doesn't find the 0.97 release because the groupId and artifactId
>> for it were different.
>> It breaks for me because I somehow have Sanselan 0.98 (a version that
>> was never released) in my ~/.m2 directory.
>> But there is still a Clirr bug here which will affect future releases
>> even if it doesn't affect this one.
>> I will attach the minimum set of Sanselan 0.98 files needed to
>> reproduce this bug to the bug report.
> I don't think applies here, but I have seen Clirr failures in the past
> that went away when the code was compiled with a different compiler.
> The failure occurred for me when code compiled by Eclipse was being
> checked (as can happen if using Eclipse to develop).
> Using mvn clean before running clirr fixed the issue.
> [It was a while ago; I think that was the the way it happened, rather
> than the reverse]
> See also the issue I raised a year ago:
> It would be good if someone in Maven-land could take a look; fixing
> the array bug should be trivial for someone that is familiar with
> building Maven plugins.


Just wanted to let you know that Clirr Maven Plugin 2.4 has been
released. It includes a fix for MCLIRR-36.

>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message