commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 10:25:00 GMT
Le 04/03/2012 03:35, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> Please review the deliverables for Math 3.0.
>
> Tag:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC2/
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC2/
>
> Binaries:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-050/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/
>
> [ ] +1 Release it.
> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.

-0.
There are a few minor glitches.

- the binary distribution archives  commons-math3-3.0-bin.tar.gz
  and commons-math3-3.0-bin.zip contain both 3.0 and 3.0-SNAPSHOT
  files (commons-math3-3.0.jar, commons-math3-3.0-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar,
  commons-math3-3.0-sources.jar, commons-math3-3.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar,
  commons-math3-3.0-javadoc.jar and
  commons-math3-3.0/commons-math3-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
- there is one checkstyle warning about a wrong order in
  BaseAbstractUnivariateIntegrator: the protected iterations field is
  declared before several other fields which are now final in the RC
  (they are protected in the trunk, so I did not fixed this, it depends
  on whether another RC is done or not)
- The site at http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC2/
  seems to be missing many files (there is only one changes-report.html
  file and four subdirectories: apidocs, css, images and style)

As what we release are sources and binary files are only a convenience,
I don't know if this should be considered a blocker or not, hence the -0.

Also note that Nexus automatically adds md5 and sha1 checksum to the asc
signature files. These signatures on signatures are spurious and should
be manually removed from Nexus staging area.

Anyway, this is a very good job, Gilles.

Thanks a lot!
Luc