commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject Re: [lang] test failures
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:42:38 GMT
Hi Gary,

that somehow reminds of a problem we had in BeanUtils2 (see
http://markmail.org/thread/obtmhywxxeo2ykp7). Some tests were failing
with my configuration, while they passed on Simos machine. The problem
was, that I'm using Java 7 and that seems to cause problems with
reflective operations on arrays.

I would suggest that you at first make sure, that maven and eclipse are
using the same Java version. And that can be a bit tricky, if m2e mixes
some addition spice into you dev-setup-soup. There are several
configurations that come into play:

- the jre eclipse is startet with
- the jdk the workspace uses as default
- the jdk maven uses