commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [graph] Why the Vertex and Edge interfaces?
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 16:03:39 GMT
Hi, if I am allowed to throw in some (unfinished) thoughts into this
discussion:

My preference would also be to keep the actual graph data structure lean
and simple. As James pointed out, if algorithms need additional
information, a function from the vertex/edge type to the target type is
required. This could indeed be implemented in a very generic way using a
functor interface (maybe with an underlying map as a default
implementation).

The advantage over a pack of interfaces as I see it is that such
functors could be added dynamically to a graph. Thus it could be adapted
for the execution of different algorithms at runtime.

Just my 2 cents.
Oliver

--

and then