commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject Re: Maven bugs when building Sanselan
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:25:26 GMT
On 2012-03-01 06:23, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Dennis Lundberg <> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-29 19:00, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> As we near the 1.0 release of Sanselan / Apache Commons Imaging, I am
>>> having showstopper problems with Maven.
>>> The first problem, now fixed, was that "mvn assembly:assembly" failed
>>> due to the Maven Assembly plugin failing to add a non-ASCII filename
>>> to a tar file (,
>>> because Plexus Archiver had a bug that wrongly assumed number of chars
>>> = number of bytes, an assumption that quickly fails on UTF-8 locales
>>> ( I sent a patch to
>>> Plexus Archiver, they quickly included that patch in the next release,
>>> and Maven Assembly then made a 2.3 release which unknowingly pulled in
>>> that new release of Plexus Archiver. So by increasing the needed
>>> version of Maven Assembly to 2.3, I got that working now :). I see
>>> someone recently patched the Commons parent POM with the same version
>>> change - even better.
>>> The second is that "mvn site" fails because Clirr can't compare some
>>> inner classes properly, and the Maven Clirr plugin doesn't properly
>>> count and delete classes that can't be compared, leading to
>>> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>>> ( and probably
>>> and
>>> I made and attached a
>>> working patch to that bug, but there's been no response yet and the
>>> project seems dead :(.
>> I'll take a look at the patch and see if I can push for a release of the
>> Clirr plugin.
> Great, thank you!
> Damjan

I had some trouble building Sanselan locally with Java 5, so I added
Sanselan to our Continuum CI server. The first build gives the same
result as I got locally, which is a compilation failure. The full report
is here:

The error message is:

[INFO] Compilation failure
cannot find symbol
symbol  : method copyOfRange(byte[],int,int)
location: class java.util.Arrays

That seems to be a Java 6 method. Someone should have a look at that.

I'll continue chasing Clirr-bugs using Java 6 for the time being.

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message