commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject Re: [SANDBOX][BeanUtils2] Improve implemenation of equals() on AccessibleObjectDescriptor
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:07:25 GMT
The only thing we have to add is

if ( !( obj instanceof AccessibleObjectDescriptor ) )
{
     return false;
}

That will make AccessibleObjectDescritpor.equals() obey to the general
contract of equals (which states, that x.equals(null) has to return
false) and it will fix the FindBugs issue, which will have to be fixed
anyway, if BeanUtils2 leaves Sandbox and gets released someday (at least
I hope that FindBugs understands, that null instanceof WhatEver returns
false).
I see no reason to write less robust code, just because it is internal
to the library and saves us a few lines.