commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Commons-Math release schedule
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:52:57 GMT
Hi.

> I am -1 to publishing any sort of release schedule to which we would
> be held accountable.

I was speaking for Commons Math. IMHO, it is a disservice to the project to
have releases more than 12 months apart, as it has just been the case.
This gives the feeling that the code is stable and in maintenance mode,
which is totally wrong for Commons Math (contrary to most of the projects in
Commons).
Moreover there is no notion of accountability, just a little effort to be
more transparent.  Indeed, what I'm asking is a presentation of the criteria
such that this statement is true:
  "[...] the component has reached a state where another release is worth
   doing [...]"

Gilles