commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:44:32 GMT
Hi.

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Tag:
> >>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
> >>
> >> Site:
> >>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/
> >>
> >> Binaries:
> >>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 Release it.
> >> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> >> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> >> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...
> >>
> >> This vote will close in 72 hours (2012-3-8 10:30 GMT).
> >>

> > The results are:
> >
> > -------------------+---------
> >    Name            |   Vote
> > -------------------+---------
> >  Luc Maisonobe     |    +1
> >  Oliver Heger      |    +1
> >  Jörg Schaible     |    +1
> >  Thomas Neidhart   |    +1
> >  Sébastien Brisard |    +1
> > -------------------+---------
> >
> > Did I miss any vote? [It happened quite a few times that posts from the ML
> > was blocked by my ISP (on the ground that it was spam because the originator
> > site of the post was listed on "sbl.spamhaus.org").]
>
> You didn't miss any vote (but didn't vote yourself).

Too bad the time is up; you can imagine that I'd have cast a -1. ;-)

> Among the voters, the 3 required binding votes are Luc, Oliver and Jörg,
> so the vote passes.

Good that executive and legislative do not mix...

Thank you very much to all the testers and voters.

Best,
Gilles

P.S. I've written down a little document, a step-by-step "howto" for the
     release preparation procedure. Should I commit it in the root of the
     "math" source tree? Or is there a better place? [It's a text document,
     together with minimal "settings.xml" and "settings-security.xml" files
     containing _everything_ necessary for all the various commands to
     actually work!]