commons-dev mailing list archives

From leandro.pezze...@hush.com
Subject Re: [math] Tensor algebra implementation
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:17:23 GMT

On Tuesday, March 06, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org>
wrote:

>> Thanks for your suggestion ! I Downloaded the sources and i will
>check them soon. If I am correct , Maxima is implemented in Lisp
>(or CLisp) but I guess it could be feasible , once they had been
>analyzed and studied , to translate those algorithms into Java.
>>

>That's great Leandro. I was merely referring to the API, not really
>the implementation of the different algorithms. However, if you
>feel
>like diving into Lisp source code, good luck! ;)
>Also, I seem to remember that you were willing to propose new
>features
>regarding wavelets. I myself do not use these beasts, but I would
>tend
>to think that such a feature would probably find a wider audience
>among the CM users than tensor algebra. Maybe you could then
>prioritize, as developing a whole new set of features will eat up a
>lot of your time?
>
>What do others think about wavelets vs. tensor algebra?

I admit I am more inclined towards developing a wavelet transformation package. In fact I
made a post in the ML  about it sometime ago [1] , but since I got no response , I just thougth
there was no interest in Wavelets.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/5ip6f6thvvbkjlpe?q=leandro%2Epezzente+list:org%2Eapache%2Ecommons%2Edev+from:%22leandro%2Epezzente%40hush%2Ecom%22&page=1