commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <>
Subject [Math] More missing/confusing infos in "UsingNexus"
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:43:23 GMT

I'm now trying to figure how to "stage the site". [What does "stage" mean in
this context?]

Reading this
  <!-- other optional elements:
     <privateKey>/path/to/identity</privateKey> (default is ~/.ssh/id_dsa)

I wonder:
 * Should I replace "repouser" with my login?
 * Is the password really optional?
 * Can the password be encrypted?
 * What should be done with the ssh key?

Then, what does "[...]" mean in the next excerpt from the document? I.e.
mvn site:stage-deploy -DstagingDirectory=src/site \

When I issue the command:

 $ mvn site:stage-deploy -DstagingDirectory=src/site -DstagingSiteURL=scp://

I get this:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building Commons Math 3.0
[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.0:stage-deploy (default-cli) @ commons-math3 ---
[INFO] Using this server ID for stage deploy:
[INFO] Using this base URL for stage deploy: scp://
[INFO] Parent project loaded from repository: org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:23
Using private key: /home/eran/.ssh/id_rsa

: Password: :

Do I have to give the password interactively? Why is it specified in the
"settings.xml" then? [Moreover it is echoed on the console as I type it.]
It does not make any sense.

What is the purpose of the
 Using private key: /home/eran/.ssh/id_rsa
Do I in fact need to set up no-password login to my account on

For when the above is going to work, I noticed that the file
(in the working copy) contains theses lines

     <item name="Javadoc (3.0 release)" href="apidocs/index.html"/>
     <item name="Javadoc (2.2 release)"

i.e. the new (3.0) docs links to a local file. Will that be automagically
changed at some point? By which command?
[I also note that I had to change that file manually (to remove the
"snapshot" string). This probably should also be mentioned in the
"ReleaseForNewbies" document...]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message