commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mikkel Meyer Andersen <>
Subject Re: [Math] Toward releasing 3.0 ?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:04:13 GMT
2012/2/17 Thomas Neidhart <>:
> Hi @all,
> just some status/feedback on some still open issues:
>  - MATH-449: I have implemented (almost) all suggestions from
>   Phil, and the code is documented and tested, so imho the issue
>   can be resolved unless somebody has still reservations
>  - MATH-431: the two tests were contributed by Mikkel Meyer Andersen
>   (is he still active?) and I have cleaned up the exceptions while
>   working on another issue. There are still things to do, as can be
>   seen in the comments to the issue (mainly the results are not 100%
>   equivalent to R due to some specific corrections). I do not have
>   the expertise to work on them myself straight away. How do we proceed
>   in such a case? Keep them as they are and note the differences
>   in the javadoc, or remove them unless the issues are completely
>   resolved?
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Dear all,

I am still active in theory, but in practise I unfortunately haven't
contributed much lately due to high workload on my PhD. I am of course
sorry for this and hope to be able to highen my activity.

Regarding MATH-431, we need to discuss if we should adopt some of the
changes R makes and find references for all these. I am on holiday
next week, but I will be back in one week and would love to
participate in the discussion. Meanwhile I would love some views on
whether to adopt the changes or not. Personally, I am fine with
noticing in the code for 3.0 release that some corrections can be made
and refer to some (e.g. from R) but none are implemented yet.

Cheers, Mikkel.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message