commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Daemon 1.0.9 based on RC1
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 19:46:12 GMT
On 7 February 2012 19:17, Mladen Turk <> wrote:
> On 02/07/2012 07:23 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 7 February 2012 12:52, Mladen Turk<>  wrote:
>>> Maven arifacts are at:
>>> note that starting with this release, the windows binaries
>>> are in the maven repo, finally :)
>> For some reason the commons-daemon-1.0.9.jar in the maven directory is
>> not identical to the one in the binaries directory.
> Probably because I run mvn twice and it seems maven always creates
> files regardless of timestamps (stupid).
>> Also, the maven directory contains the binary and source zips and
>> tar.gz files, which are not relevant to Maven (apart from the windows
>> one).
> Well I did 'mvn -Prc install' and copied the content of ~/.m2

That would explain the different versions of the files.

> I really do not understand the instruction on the commons site.

Unfortunately that's now rather outdated; AIUI the "rc" profile was
intended for manual staging.
[Never used it myself]

Now that we have Nexus, using deploy is safe (and simpler generally).

>> They should be removed before deployment via Nexus.
>> And again, the archives are not the same as the ones in the binaries
>> directory; this includes the windows zip.
> So should I just copy files from binaries/ to maven/ or vice versa.
> and which one? I mean, it's just making sure we have the files
> with the same timestamp.

I think there is a complete set in the /maven directory, so I would
use those as the source for consistency.

I would move the zip and tar.gz archives out of /maven (but copy the
windows one)

Also copy the binary jar from /maven to /binaries

I think it will be confusing in future if the artifacts in Maven
Central don't have the same sigs and hashes as the ones in dist/, even
if the contents are identical.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message