commons-dev mailing list archives

From "ralph.goers @dslextreme.com" <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: any plans for commons-logging-2.0?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:22:02 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi Ralph!
>
> I took a pretty deep look into log4j-2.0 already (even used it for a few
> sample projects). But I was not aware that it's also an abstraction
> layer/facade ^^
> So by using log4j-2.0 in DeltaSpike, a container vendor could mix and
> match with other logging frameworks?
>
> As I said, although it has an API that is separate from the
implementation, the intention was not to create a logging facade to compete
with SLF4J or Commons Logging.  I'm sure it would be possible to use it for
that.

That said, some of the other features you were mentioning sounded like
things that would be worthy of adding to Log4j 2.  It has been moved out of
my private sandbox so if there is something you would like to do you are
more than welcome.

Ralph

Ralph