commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <>
Subject Re: Conversion utility class
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:17:39 GMT
On 4 February 2012 05:38, <> wrote:
> Apache Commons Lang seems to be the right place for that kind of utility
> class, however, my utility class is coded in Scala, is that ok ?

Not in my opinion No.

I have no problem with a Scala-only commons component, but I think
mixing two languages in the same component to be a bad choice. It
complicates maintanance, raises the kind of documentation issue you're
looking at, and is generally just wholly unnecessary (just rewrite it
in Java if its a Java component).

The simple library-style Commons components are just that, very
simple. They code should be relatively obvious to those new to Java.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message