commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hi everybody
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 22:46:07 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Felix Müller <
felix.mueller.berlin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to say hello to you, the Apache commons developer. As I said
> few days ago on Twitter: I will subscribe and try to help with my
> commitment. (https://twitter.com/#!/fmueller_bln/status/166264434942152705)
> So, here I am. :-) I'm a young developer from Berlin, doing Java since 7
> years and being fan of Scala since 1 year.
>
> As I read on the volunteering page, best would be to scan the projects
> which are most interesting for me and look for open tickets, try to
> implement a patch, if possible or enhance existing functionality. Right?

Right! For example, I need help with getting this implemented
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-392 so we can get a new release
out the door.

Of course, I have no idea if you are interested.

Find something fun you'd like to help on and code away!

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory