commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] checkstyle - was Re: svn commit: r1245166 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2: provider/ provider/http/ provider/https/ provider/ram/ provider/sftp/ provider/tar/ util/
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:12:35 GMT
> I'm +1 as well. A common style would make development easier. I think configuration files
should be downloadable from commons website. Maybe that will spare some "good patch but there
are some style issues..." replies to new contributors. ;-)

-1 we've let each component developers the freedom to choice their
preferred style. What is the reason to tie down the whole community to
a unique style? What will be next? The ASF style? seriously?

>> I use IntelliJ so obviously I'd want a style that it can handle.  FWIW, Jetbrains
provides a free license for the full product for open source development or you can use the
community edition.

> So are you suggesting that everybody should use IntelliJ? I use eclipse and I'm happy
with that (Most of the time ;-)

+1 as well, users have to feel free to choice their preferred IDE -
even EMACS/vi if they feel comfortable with it :)

-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Benedikt Ritter
<bene@systemoutprintln.de> wrote:

> Am 18.02.2012 um 19:06 schrieb Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>:

commons use the same

POM and be done with

Why should the various projects use different rules?