commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][Lang] Update to Java 6
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:34:32 GMT
-0

I can understand that we all are keen to work with the latest and
greatest technology. Therefore, if we really needed a feature of a newer
JDK, I would certainly be +1.

Given the functionality we provide in [lang] and the JDK classes we use,
IMHO the minor differences between JDK 1.6 and 1.5 are currently not
relevant. So I see no compelling reason to exclude a user group (even if
it may be a minority).

Oliver