commons-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Squarcella <squar...@dia.uniroma3.it>
Subject [math] computational geometry = math + graph ?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:22:00 GMT
Hi all,

after reading the issue MATH-751[1] about computational geometry
algorithms I realized it could make sense to look at what we already did
in [graph], especially in terms of data structures. Things like
triangulations, Voronoi diagrams, etc. would need graph representations
anyway -- IMHO [math]ers should avoid to reinvent the wheel and/or
create a different representation for graphs.

Of course the downside is that [graph] in currently in Sandbox without a
Release. Still, if we agree that it would make sense to "link" the two,
maybe it is worth to wait a bit more for MATH-751 until [graph] is ready
(we're working on that!).

Looking forward to comments!
Claudio

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-751