commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject Re: Common checkstyle (was Re: [vfs] checkstyle)
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:10:50 GMT
Am 19.02.2012 22:57, schrieb Simone Tripodi:
>> I think it is reasonable to have Commons wide defaults but let projects override
them if they want to.

I think that is, what Gary meant in the first place ;-)
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201202.mbox/%3C-662605764588844473%40unknownmsgid%3E

To be honest, I'm really indifferent regarding what style to use. But
I've come to the conclusion, that coding style is an important thing for
some of you. I think the result of this discussion should be an easy way
for everyone to switch between components, even if some components are
developed by a few committers only (that is why I suggested to put the
IDE configuration files on the website).

Regards,
Benedikt