commons-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Squarcella <squar...@dia.uniroma3.it>
Subject Re: [graph] renaming weight operations
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:59:40 GMT
Hello Simone,

> It would be much more naturally to my hears hearing it as
> BigDecimalOrderedMonoid, doesn't it?

you have a valid point. However my intention is to decouple
implementations from underlying interfaces, because they might evolve
and grow over time.

Let me give you two examples:

  * Doubles can also be multiplied, but so far we did not need to
    include that in our stack of operations and properties. If we ever
    need to do so, it will be enough to create another interface
    extending OrderedMonoid and change the implemented interface in
    DoubleWeightOperations.
  * Also, there might be properties and/or operations that are unrelated
    to each other, hence DoubleWeightOperations might implement more
    than one interface in the future.

How does that sound?

Ciao,
Claudio