commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [vfs] checkstyle - was Re: svn commit: r1245166 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2: provider/ provider/http/ provider/https/ provider/ram/ provider/sftp/ provider/tar/ util/
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:00:07 GMT
Am 18.02.2012 15:25, schrieb Ralph Goers:

> On Feb 18, 2012, at 3:20 AM, Luc Maisonobe<Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr>  wrote:

>> Are we sure all components use the same style ?
>> The checkstyle.xml file for [math] origin has evolved its own way,
>> partly when the mantissa library has been merged. I am pretty sure it is
>> not compatible with other ones.
>
> That was kind of the point for using a single checkstyle config. Why should the various
projects use different rules?

For instance, [configuration] has a different coding style than [lang].
Personally, I do not prefer one format over the other. I am +1 for a
commons wide checkstyle policy. However, doing the reformatting is
probably a pain.

+1 to a common(s) set of reports, too.

Oliver