commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <b...@systemoutprintln.de>
Subject Re: [Collections] Is commons collections dormant ?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:07:50 GMT
Hi,

finally I've found the time to answer to this topic :) We had a similar
discussion a while ago [1]. Back then James suggested to drop
collections completely in favor of google guava. I have started to
implement QueryableCollections in trunk anyway, because I still disagree
with James.
I would appreciate comments from one of commons collections commiters,
if they would like to have something like that. I still think, that the
possibility to query for elements would be a nice addition to collections.

ATM I'm having some problems with the latest source:
Name clash: The method get(K) of type MultiMap<K,V> has the same erasure
as get(Object) of type Get<K,V> but does not override it

Does anyone know something about that?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/mymr5pucpqsdl527