commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][POOL] Logging options for Pool2
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:15:22 GMT
Le 10/02/2012 15:53, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> When it is integration time, we'll need some guidance even if it is just
> pointers to HOW-TOs. In my case, what happens when my server to coded to
> Log4J and I want all logging to go to the same file? I do not need an
> answer now but it will be an issue.

I do that with the JUL/Log4J bridge:

http://people.apache.org/~psmith/logging.apache.org/sandbox/jul-log4j-bridge/examples.html

Example 1 - Completely take over JUL and route all LogRecords into log4j

JULLog4jBridge.assimilate();

Example 4 - Completely take over JUL and route all LogRecords into log4j
by using a System property

...-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.logging.julbridge.JULBridgeLogManager

Emmanuel Bourg