commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Merge of interface and implementation of *Test classes in stat.inference
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:08:12 GMT
On 02/10/2012 10:58 AM, S├ębastien Brisard wrote:
> Here is a recent thread on this issue (as you can see, this thread was
> caused by a faulty commit from me...).
> Best regards,
> S├ębastien
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201201.mbox/%3C20120113105913.GM6537%40dusk.harfang.homelinux.org%3E

Thanks,

the point is, if you want to be able to document all exceptions in the
javadoc that _can_ be thrown by a method, it is a very tedious process
if you only advertise them in javadoc.

The solution from Luc to temporarily change the base exceptions to
checked ones helps with this (and I usually do it that way), as you see
immediately which exceptions you have missed.

Otherwise you have to dig into the code and follow all invoked method
calls, which can be quite some work and is also error-prone as they
might change as well, leading to an unmaintainable bunch of exceptions
in javadoc.

Thomas