commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] T&R 1.0.9
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:25:31 GMT
On 02/06/2012 04:15 PM, sebb wrote:

>>> That particular JIRA could involve code changes as well.
>>> Also, we include the site source in the archive.
>>>

>> Right, this is probably the first mistake.
>> src/site is for our web site and should not be shipped at all.
>> I mean its content and purpose is to be served from one
>> of the apache.org web servers. Nothing else, nothing more.
>
> I disagree - there is important information on how to use the
> component on the website.

I disagree on that :)
There are many projects that do not provide documentation
with the release, and the only documentation available is online.

> Of course, but that can quickly become un-manageable when there are
> lots of additions and deletions.

We froze the features so this will not get expanded.
For v2 I plan something different (probably not even commons
because daemon just doesn't fit in the commons ecosystem.)

> I still think the user should be able to download the full
> documentation with the release.

I don't, but since its there, so be it.

Regards
--