commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Contributor Request
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:41:24 GMT
On 02/04/2012 10:17 PM, leandro.pezzente@hush.com wrote:

> 	Hi There Everyone !
>
> 	My name is Leandro Pezzente , currently coursing a PhD ( Physics)
> Student at La Plata National University (UNLP) in Argentina and an
> enthusiastic Java Programmer with intentions to get my S2E6
> Certification probably in September/October.
>
> 	I am interested in becoming a volunteer contributor in the Apache
> Math Commons project.
>
> 	Can you guys give me some feedback ?.

Hi Leandro,

I joined the project also quite recently, so I can give you some
first-hand experience ;-).

A good place to start is definitely
http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html. There exists also a
code-style configuration for eclipse from Luc
(http://people.apache.org/~luc/Apache-commons.xml) which works as a good
baseline, you should not rely on the automatic formatting though. Just
look at existing code to see how it is formatted.

Unit tests and javadoc are really required, otherwise your contributions
will most likely not be included.

Good luck!

Thomas