commons-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Squarcella <>
Subject Re: [graph] BST?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 10:36:23 GMT

On 01/02/2012 17:39, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Gary!!! :)
> I don't see any issue on adding the BST algorithms you need in
> [graph], even if you have to reuse the minimum amount of codebase,
> packages don't usually interact each other very much, unless some
> DFS/BFS or shortest path is needed in other algo.
> I have the plan of adding KDTree searches as well.
> My personal vision of [graph] is realizing a graph-pedia of
> graph-related algorithms implementation, so every addition is more
> than welcome!!!

I completely agree with Simone. I see [graph] as the right place not
only for well-known algorithms but also for state-of-the-art results,
where graphs are either "support structures" for computation or actual
"main data structures" fitting the user domain.

I would be thrilled to see more and more of these expansions in the
future: e.g. the huge field of algorithms that rely on preprocessed or
partially known graphs (see shortest paths for road networks & co).

Looking forward,

Claudio Squarcella
PhD student at Roma Tre University
E-mail address: