commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1245166 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2: provider/ provider/http/ provider/https/ provider/ram/ provider/sftp/ provider/tar/ util/
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:03:36 GMT

On Feb 17, 2012, at 1:09 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> This is off topic on for this thread but I'll take all the help I can get
> to move VFS to a new release :)
>
> I am happy with the fact that the build is now self sufficient WRT testing,
> embedded servers are used to test HTTP and so on.
>
> There are a lot of Clirr "errors" due to new features which makes me wonder
> if the next release should not be a 2.1 but a 3.0 with a package name
> change.

What new features and did they really break the API? I'd really hate to go to 3.0 after just
getting 2.0 out.

We really should start planning for the Java 7 variant of VFS.  That will require its own
branch.  I don't have a huge need for that at the moment (my employer has no plans to move
to Java 7 yet), but it would be interesting to do.

Ralph