commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject [vfs] checkstyle - was Re: svn commit: r1245166 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2: provider/ provider/http/ provider/https/ provider/ram/ provider/sftp/ provider/tar/ util/
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:05:56 GMT

On Feb 17, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>wrote:
>
>> Really?  I've gotten so used to putting the '{' at the end of the line
>> that I assumed VFS was that way.
>>

> I'm happy to change the style to what we both seem to consider normal but I
> am not sure what the rest of the community feels like...

That seems like way too much effort for very little benefit.  In fact, when I created the
checkstyle configuration I started from the one used by Commons Configuration and then tweaked
it to shut up a bunch of the "errors" I didn't care about and that seemed to have been the
convention of the existing code base.  I'd prefer that all of commons use the same checkstyle
configuration.

Ralph