commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject any plans for commons-logging-2.0?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:27:17 GMT
Hi folks!

Over at the DeltaSpike we are discussing about a generic logging layer which we can exchange
easily.
We have been reluctant to use slf4j because some containers use different layers etc. But
jul is also not really satisfying.

It should be easily shadeable and use java6 features like variable-argument parameters, typesafe
logging, etc

Would there be some interest for creating a commons-logging-2.0?

We could also use this in OpenWebBeans, TomEE, etc

We could also do the prototyping in DeltaSpike. There are also a few DeltaSpike committers
which previously worked on JBoss logging.

LieGrue,
strub

PS: this is currently in the 'crazy brainstorming' phase, so nothing decided yet on our side...