commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [vfs] checkstyle - was Re: svn commit: r1245166 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2: provider/ provider/http/ provider/https/ provider/ram/ provider/sftp/ provider/tar/ util/
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:24:31 GMT
On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:50 AM, Benedikt Ritter <> wrote:

> Am 18.02.2012 um 19:06 schrieb Ralph Goers <>:
>> I use IntelliJ so obviously I'd want a style that it can handle.  FWIW, Jetbrains
provides a free license for the full product for open source development or you can use the
community edition.
> So are you suggesting that everybody should use IntelliJ? I use eclipse and I'm happy
with that (Most of the time ;-)

I'm not sure why you would think I meant that everyone should use IntelliJ.  In the environment
I work in we are free to choose our development tools and in some cases Eclipse is the better
choice.  However, I've also seen many arguments in the past that you should not use IntelliJ
because it a) isn't open source and b) it is more expensive than Eclipse. While a) is still
true, b) is not, at least for use here.

What my point was is that Eclipse is not the only tool we need to provide support for.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message