commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ALL] Commons Parent pom - any more changes needed?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:34:39 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:

> sebb wrote:

>>> You realize that for submodules this will only work with M3, profile
>>> activation fails for M2?
>>
>> No, I did not (this was not contributed by me).

Might have been me.

>> Is there a fix for M2?
>
> No. The reactor works simply differently. The basedir in M3's reactor mode
> is always the current project root, while in M2 it was always the
> directory where the reactor had been started. Therefore the profile is
> activated in M3, but not in M2 for submodules.
>
> However, in this special case it is not really relevant. The profile
> simply suppresses those unfriendly warnings starting the build from a
> source package - M2 users will simply have to endure them for submodules
> as it would be for all users without the profile.

After thinking about this, we should probably remove the profile, because
with Subversion 1.7.x clients the profile may no longer be activated
although the current Maven project root is part of a Subversion working area
(note, only the root of a working area has a .svn directory starting with
Subversion 1.7).

When I proposed the profile I did neither knew about the M2 problem nor
about this behavior of svn 1.7.x. Actually I will have to drop it in our
office also ...

- Jörg