commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:23:12 GMT
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> The problem was introduced 3 weeks ago in r1227700 when ResultStatus was
> changed from being an inner class to a static inner class.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1227700

I've committed a deprecated, overloaded constructor for the previous
arguments in r1237168, which resolves this clirr error, while leaving
ResultStatus as now being static.

Hopefully that's the right thing to have done! It felt better than putting
the class back to not being static, which was giving findbugs warnings,
which is why Simone changed it

Nick